Quoting Bill Clark <[log in to unmask]>:

> I have 2 macs running Macmail, and I need the emails exported to Outlook.
>
> It appears there is nothing native to the program that allows me to do this
> -

(A) If the mail server is running IMAP (i.e. the messages are stored
on the server), then any IMAP client (MacMail, Outlook, Outlook
Express, Thunderbird ... ) can (even simultaneously) read the same
messages. In this case, the mail is already "exported" and no further
action needs to be taken.

(B) If the user has set up the particular mail client so that some of
the messages are on the server and some are stored locally on their
machine (quite commonly this is where sent, deleted, junk, etc, mail
is stored. Local mail folders would often be the case for POP mail.).
Logging into mail and dragging the local folders to the IMAP server
will make them shared (exported), and we're back to the happier case
of Step A.

That is, assuming that the user's email account can store all of the
old messages :)

Steve