Filtering makes me crabby.   SB is also launching a 1:1 this year and I think our plan is to not let me talk to the parents when they ask how we are going to do their job…

We can always suggest to them using something like OpenDNS to filter their browsing, but I sincerely hope they don’t expect us to do it for them.  We do have an M86 content filter so we can filter for them… I just really, really hope it doesn’t come down to that.

Mike

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jean Campbell
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 3:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: 1:1 filtering at home

HI All,

We are starting a middle school 1 to 1 in our district this year along with the HS one.

What are people doing when parents ask about content filter at home for the school issued laptops?

We are looking at a PC platform, and I am sure it will be a bigger issue at the MS level.

Here is an older post with some ideas but just wondering what you are doing.

http://tech4teaching.org/wpblog/?p=657

Thanks, Jean

Jean Campbell
CESU Technology Support

211 Browns Trace

Jericho, VT 05465
Phone: 802-858-1726

dangerous content by MailScanner and ClamAV, and is
believed to be clean.