Hi,
Some old Red Balloon Collective folks are involved in putting this together every year in Suffolk County (Long Island) along with lots of other anti-war folks. Very low-key outdoor festival. I go every year, see old friends, hang out, listen to music, do nothing .... Inviting you to do the same on Sunday, July 31!

Workers of the world, Relax!

Mitchel

********************************
Dear friends, performers and supporters of The Be-In Festival,

A brief note to remind everyone to promote as well as attend our 20th Annual Be-In Festival! Help keep the only grass-roots music festival on L.I. alive. We serve the community, as well as donating to a vast array of important charities both locally and Internationally. We've been feeling your love on Facebook (Thank you all!), but we want to make sure word gets out in other ways such as on the radio, in e-mail, on Yahoo! Groups, your Web Sites, Message Boards, Blogs, Web Rings, wherever! All the info is below as text. We'll follow-up with the Facebook Event and flier later, so as not too overwhelm you with one big message.

Peace, love and many thanks to you all who've supported us in the past,
Tim, Eve, Erica, Rob & the rest of The Be-In crew... SMILE

---------------------------------------
Be-In!

The 20th Annual Be-In Festival!
Sunday, July 31st at Painters' Restaurant: 12 noon - 10 PM
Located at 416 S. Country Rd., Brookhaven Hamlet, N.Y. 11719

Musical Performers:
Kerry Kearney & The Himalayan Masters of Wisdom
Jack's Waterfall
Jesse Pagano
Jebus
Rorie Kelly
Funkapplied
DJ Brandon Elsbree
Deborah Lombardi
Dead Ahead
Robert Bruey
Impact Hazard (w/ Mike O'Rourke!)
Susan Bach

Plus, very special Surprise Guests (Soon to be revealed)

Emcees:
Mitchel Cohen ("Steal This Radio" and WBAI (99.5 FM) Local Board, NYC)
WUSB Stony Brook's (90.1 FM's) radio personality Bill McNulty
WUSB Stony Brook's (90.1 FM's) radio personality Bobanero
Steve Lieberman, The Gangsta Rabbi
Local Access Cable (Ch. 20's) Sensation Zenbock
WPKN, Bridgeport's / WPKM, Montauk's Kevin Ross
Billionaire Brian (Brian O'Haire)

Poets:

Mitchel Cohen
John Schindler
Cynthia BrianKate
Mike O'Rourke
Herb Wahlsteen
Jessica Forman

Guest Speakers:
Mitchel Cohen
The Afghan Youth Peace Volunteers
More TBA

With today's economy, and other festivals down-sizing (or not even happening at all), some thought we might need to skip this year. Luckily, it was Painters' to the rescue! We've been working towards adding more art exhibits to our festivals, so it was really a natural fit! Painters' has a unique Soho style art gallery decor along with delicious food and drinks. Drink specials will also be made available.

The 20th Annual Be-In Festival will feature fully-amplified acoustic and electric sets from your favorite L.I. and NYC performers, and will also feature the great local art exhibits people have come to expect from Painters'. Plus, Deejay Brandon, poets, guest speakers, Non-profits, Vendors, a Be-In Bands merch table, Arts & Crafts, raffles and much more! This will be a mixed genre music, art and poetry festival with many musical styles being represented including Singer-songwriter, Folk, Country, Blues, Rock, Jam, Grateful Dead, Funk and even Punk!

A considerable portion of the revenue from advance ticket sales and the door will be donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society ( www.lls.org ). There will also be another food and clothing drive for The Congregational Church of Patchogue's Food Pantry! $8 (cheap!) pre-sale tickets are available now at - beinfestival.ticketleap.com/be-in-festival-2011 $10 at the door / As always, $1 off with a non-perishable food or gently used clothing donation.

Please join us for a day and evening of fantastic music (Two stages!), and all of the usual Be-In magic and more, as new and old faces return for this, our 20th Annual Celebration! For all other info, please call (631) 796-0234, visit www.beinfestival.org , look for us on Facebook and join our Yahoo! Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group /Be-In/ . Please pass this on! Peace, love, gratitude and compassion for all.

NO CANS, BOTTLES, COOLERS OR TAIL-GAITING PLEASE!

Also -
http://paintersrestaurant.com/

Last, but certainly not least...
We are looking for more guest speakers for this event as well. Represent your organization behind the mic, with a Non-profit table or both! For all this and Donor, Sponsor and Vendor inquiries (Spots are extremely reasonable!) call: 631-796-0234 or email: [log in to unmask]