At 03:52 AM 7/23/2011, Michael Balter wrote:
>I posted this with trepidation, because I knew that Mitchel and Jim
>in their ignorance would see a connection between this and the HIV
>antibody test. There is no connection.

Michael, explain why there is "no connection".

For decades, tests for HIV disease have depended on ascertaining
whether antibodies are present. Critics have said that "HIV disease"
is really many separate diseases, but that testing for those
so-called opportunistic infections -- and especially toxicological
analysis -- is not performed once antibodies to HIV are found in a
person's blood.

Furthermore, the discovery of antibodies in a person's body indicates
that at some time in their life a person was exposed to a pathogen
and the immune system responded as it should. A positive finding of
antibodies does not indicate sickness; it indicates "exposure" at
some point in the person's history.

It seems to me that this statement by WHO is applicable to all
diagnoses based on discovery of antibodies in a person's blood.
Please explain, narrowly, what is wrong with that logic.

Mitchel