Not long ago someone here (was it Larry, Mitchel?) criticized me for
making a blanket statement about how lame Counterpunch is these days,
saying that I had spoiled an otherwise reasonable post. I didn't
respond at the time, but should have, because Counterpunch has become
so offbase and has so discredited the left recently with its constant
stream of nonsense that it has become a problem and a liability. Louis
Proyect has been taking these folks on lately, here is his latest post
on Counterpunch's pro-Qaddafi stance.

MB

Sent to you by Michael via Google Reader: Did Qaddafi’s demand for
reparations lead to war? via Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist by
louisproyect on 7/29/11
Last Wednesday an article titled “Lies of the Libyan War” by Thomas
Mountain appeared on Counterpunch. My first reaction, even before
reading it, was to wonder if Mountain was involved with a little bit of
Freudian projection since most of what he writes about Libya is
bullshit. But I was not prepared for this tidbit: [...]
Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist using Google
Reader
favorite sites