---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: U.S. BOAT TO GAZA <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 3:36 AM
Subject: Last update for July 1st
To: [log in to unmask]

boat logo
July 1 - 9 pm (NYC time)

Sorry for the delay in getting this to you all.

As you know, earlier today the U.S. Boat to Gaza - The Audacity of Hope - was stopped by the Greek Coast Guard. After a stand off that unfolded over several hours a 2nd Greek Coast Guard boat arrived. This boat carried heavily armed Greek commandos and this shifted the dynamic. Soon after a decision was made to bring the boat back to a dock in Athens, not the same one the boat had previously been at.

Once docked we learned that the Greek authorities are most likely going to bring some type of charges against the captain of our boat, and that should happen tomorrow (Saturday) morning. In solidarity with the captain, most of the passengers and other crew members decided to spend the night on the boat. We do not yet know what their plans are for tomorrow, or what the next steps in all of this will be. As soon as we find out we will get word to you all.

The good news today was the tremendous outpouring of calls and emails sent to the Greek Embassy in Washington, DC as well as Greek consulates around the country. Many people have also contacted the U.S. State Dept. urging them to stop supporting the Israeli efforts to undermine the flotilla.

Please be sure to check our website for regular updates and to sign up for Twitter and Facebook notices.

Thanks everyone for your support and great work today!

GET ON BOARD THE U.S. TO GAZA CAMPAIGN

VISIT
WWW.USTOGAZA.ORG

TO ENDORSE AND CONTRIBUTE

Thank you for your support

Please distribute widely

Find us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter  View our videos on YouTube

This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask] |
US TO GAZA | PO Box 373 | Bearsville | NY | 12409

Michael Balter
Contributing Correspondent, Science
Adjunct Professor of Journalism,
New York University

Email:  [log in to unmask]
Web:    michaelbalter.com
NYU:    journalism.nyu.edu/faculty/michael-balter/

“Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof."
                                                  --John Kenneth Galbraith