This morning on Democracy Now, Amy and Juan
played a press conference with Netanyahu in which
he called Papandreau "my friend" for stopping the boats.

And then they interviewed the Israeli ambassador,
I think, to the UN. His refusal to answer very
specific questions was amazing, and visible to all (I hope).

Kudos to Democracy Now for their coverage and
more pointed follow-up questioning than previously.

Mitchel

At 10:54 AM 7/1/2011, Michael Balter wrote:
>The Gaza flotilla events seem to reflect that
>even largely symbolic actions can be very
>effective, because of what they lead to. The
>response of the Israelis and their allies has been one of near panic.
>
>MB

http://www.MitchelCohen.com

Ring the bells that still can ring,  Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack, a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.
~ Leonard Cohen