This morning on Democracy Now, Amy and Juan played a press conference with Netanyahu in which he called Papandreau "my friend" for stopping the boats.

And then they interviewed the Israeli ambassador, I think, to the UN. His refusal to answer very specific questions was amazing, and visible to all (I hope).

Kudos to Democracy Now for their coverage and more pointed follow-up questioning than previously.

Mitchel

At 10:54 AM 7/1/2011, Michael Balter wrote:
The Gaza flotilla events seem to reflect that even largely symbolic actions can be very effective, because of what they lead to. The response of the Israelis and their allies has been one of near panic.

MB

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: U.S. BOAT TO GAZA <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 4:37 PM
Subject: The Audacity of Hope stopped by Greek authorities!!
To: [log in to unmask]

boat logo

July 1, 2011

At 10:18 am (NYC time) we received word that the Greek Coast Guard has stopped the boat. They told the people on our boat that the boat cannot continue, people are chanting "Let us sail to Gaza!"

GET ON BOARD THE U.S. TO GAZA CAMPAIGN

VISIT WWW.USTOGAZA.ORG

TO ENDORSE AND CONTRIBUTE

Thank you for your support

Please distribute widely

Find us on Facebook   Follow us on Twitter   View our videos on YouTube

Forward email
[]   []
This email was sent to [log in to unmask] by [log in to unmask] |
US TO GAZA | PO Box 373 | Bearsville | NY | 12409

Michael Balter
Contributing Correspondent, Science
Adjunct Professor of Journalism,
New York University

Email:  [log in to unmask]
Web:    michaelbalter.com
NYU:    journalism.nyu.edu/faculty/michael-balter/

“Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof."
                                                  --John Kenneth Galbraith

http://www.MitchelCohen.com

Ring the bells that still can ring,  Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack, a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.
~ Leonard Cohen