Michael B.,

Science for the People got its start because of the way science was implicated in the Vietnam War, as well as because scientific organizations, such as the American Physical Society refused to take a stand even against the most noxious actions against protestors, such as continuing to plan its annual meeting for Chicago just after the obscenity of Richard Daley's crackdown on peaceful protests outside the Democratic Convention of 1968. We were not just protesting the war in general, but emphasizing science's involvement in it.

In most of your political posts, Michael, I don't think you can do that.  I don't think those posts should be here, whether by you, Mitchel, David Westman or anyone else. There are innumerable purely political topics that otherwise would be appropriate here and would diffuse the value of the list still further.

Herb,
I can't think of a specific  name right now, but there are lots of good sites and lists devoted to media and journalism from a left perspective. Anyone?

Best,

Michael