This is going to be a really big WUDC tournament, great for younger debaters, there will be a training session Friday evening, loads of teams. I hope you can join us! I am CA, Mary Nugent will help with the motions. Last year's final was judged by TWO WUDC world champions (Sydney & Oxford).

Tuna

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NE Regional Opener @ Binghamton University, 2011
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 20:08:30 -0400
From: JL Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

It's on debateresults, CEDA forums, and Facebook... now it's on our listserv too. Let me know if you have any questions.

Northeast East Regional Opener @ Binghamton University

9/16/2011 – 9/18/2011

POLICY DIVISIONS: We will be hosting Novice, JV, and Open divisions following CEDA, ADA, and NDT guidelines and will follow a 9-3-6-10 format using the national CEDA/NDT topic for the 2010-2011 season.  “Resolved: The United States Federal Government should substantially increase its democracy assistance for one or more of the following: Bahrain, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.”  We will allow swing teams to participate as needed and will allow mavericks to compete only after all other possibilities have been exhausted, no more than one per division.  Both will be eligible for elimination rounds.  Our tournament will be tabbed by Neil Berch of WVU and Christy Webster-Dunn of USMA.  We will allow our first tournament novices advance to elimination rounds.  We will use a 30 point scale, allowing for tenth of a decimal place, and NO TIES between debaters in the same round.  We will follow CEDA’s Council of Tournament’s directions for best practices unless otherwise stated within the invite.

WORLDS: We will once again be offering competition in Worlds Debate, which will be administered by Chief Adjudicators Alfred Snider.  Worlds will follow all WDUC rules, available at http://debate.uvm.edu/dcpdf/sambaworldsguidelines.pdf . During preparation teams may only discuss the motion with their partner or with one of the chief adjudicators.  Judges should be provided at a ratio of one judge for every 2 teams.  Undergraduates familiar with the event may be used as judges.  Undergraduate and graduate students enrolled at an institution may compete.  Motions will be solicited in advance, Llano and Snider will compile a list of 20 motions, Joe Leeson-Schatz will pick a list of 10 for the tournament.  Judge and debater training and briefings will be directed by Mary Nugent of the University of Vermont.

For Friday:

Please bring new debaters to learn the event.

Please use your experienced debaters as judges for the scrimmage round.

REGISTRATION: Registration for the policy divisions should be done via debateresults, while Worlds entries should be e-mailed to [log in to unmask].

$40 per person in attendance.  Checks should be made out to “Binghamton University Speech & Debate Team.”  In the spirit of participation, teams with small budgets should ask for a fee reduction/waiver depending on their needs.  We will continue to try to make our tournament waste free.  Each participant will be receiving a travel mug and we will be using all compostable or recyclable materials.  Additional mugs beyond the first per person will have to be bought at an additional cost.  We were able to bring down the price this year since we will be using left-over 2011 CEDA mugs to supplement the new ones we’ll have to buy.  If you already have your own please feel free to reuse it.

Uncovered Team: $100 for a half obligation and $200 for a full obligation (this however cannot be waived as we need every available judge).  We encourage schools to donate extra rounds if possible and/or list themselves as available for hire on debateresults.

We will be accepting registration up until the Wednesday (9/14/10) before the tournament at 6pm.  Any changes after that time should be phoned in to 607-765-3659 and/or e-mailed to [log in to unmask] as they occur.  Entries should include the names of debaters and which divisions, as well as a list of judges.  We will do our best to accommodate late drops but reserve the right to charge as necessary to cover expenses that take place after Thursday (9/15/10) 5pm EST.

 WASTE FREE: We will try to be running our tournament waste free.  Everyone in attendance will be issued one travel hot/cold mug to use during the tournament.  Additional mugs will be available for purchase.  All materials bought for the tournament will be compostable or recyclable.  We ask participants to decrease their waste consumption while at Binghamton as well.  We will be using the garbage cans in classrooms to collect paper and other compostable materials.  We will have a couple of garbage cans spread out for things people may bring in that cannot be recycled or composted.  However, we ask that you do not put garbage in the trash cans inside classrooms and that you do properly deposit recyclables in recycling bins so we can quickly and efficiently collect compostables.

TOURNAMENT HOTEL: Quality Inn – University, Vestal NY is directly across the street from the University.  We have a block of rooms for $79.95 per night.  They are under the block “Binghamton University Debate Tournament.”  Reservations can be placed by calling the Holiday Inn at 607-729-6371.  You can start making reservations on July 22nd, 2011.

Policy Schedule

Fri, September 16th, 2010

3:30pm – 4:30pm Registration in Grand

                              Hall of Fine Arts

4:30pm Pairings for Round 1 & 2**

5:00pm – 7:00pm Round 1**

7:30pm – 9:30pm Round 2

10:00pm - 11:30pm Alumni Reception at

                                 Tournament Hotel

Sat, September 18th, 2010

7:00am    Breakfast

                Pairings for Round 3 & 4

8:00am – 10:00am Round 3

10:30am – 12:30pm Round 4

12:30pm – 1:30pm Lunch

1:30pm – 3:30pm Round 5

4:45pm – 6:45pm Round 6

7:30pm – 9:30pm Double-Octo Finals as Necessary

Sun, September 19th, 2010

7:00am    Breakfast

                Pairings and Brackets Released

8:30am – 10:30am Octo-Finals

11:30am – 12:30pm Lunch & Awards

1:00pm – 3:00pm Quarter-Finals

3:30pm – 5:30pm Semi-Finals

6:00pm – 8:00pm Finals

Worlds Schedule

Fri, September 16th, 2010

3:30pm – 4:30pm Registration in Grand

                              Hall of Fine Arts

5:00pm – 7:30pm Instruction, Workshops,

                             & Judge Training**

7:40pm Announcement of Resolution for

             Scrimmage Round

8:00pm – 9:30pm Scrimmage Round

Sat, September 18th, 2010

7:00am Breakfast

8:15am All judges and teams must check in

             to be scheduled in round one

8:30am Announcement for Round 1

8:50am – 10:20am Round 1

10:40am Announcement for Round 2

11:00am – 12:30pm Round 2

12:30pm – 1:30pm Lunch

1:40pm Announcement for Round 3

2:00pm – 3:30pm Round 3

3:50pm Announcement for Round 4

4:10pm – 5:40pm Round 4

6:00pm Announcement for Round 5

6:20pm – 7:50pm Round 5

Sun, September 19th, 2010

7:00am Breakfast

7:15am All judges and teams must check

                in to be scheduled in round six

7:20am Announcement for Round 6

7:40 – 9:10am Round 6

9:40am Announcement for Quarter-Finals

10:00am – 11:30am Quarter-Finals

11:30am – 12:30pm Lunch & Awards

12:50pm Announcement for Semi-Finals

1:10pm – 2:40pm Semi-Finals

3:00pm Announcement for Finals

3:20pm – 5:50pm Finals

**IF THERE IS A CLASS ONGOING PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THEY FINISH OR CONTACT ME FOR ALTERNATE ROOM. WE CANNOT HAVE GAURENTEED FRIDAY SPACE UNTIL SEPTEMBER BUT THERE ARE USUALLY NO CLASSES AFTER 5PM AND WE HAVE 1ST PRIORITY**
DIRECTIONS:

Binghamton University is located one mile west of the city of Binghamton (in Vestal) and is a short drive from major urban centers in New York and neighboring states. A number of bus companies serve the area, and the Binghamton Regional Airport provides major airline service.

Follow 81 North or South to 17 West, toward Elmira, get off at exit 70S, heading towards “Binghamton Univ.”  Construction has changed the nature of what happens next this year so pay attention.  You should stay in the left lanes and take the skyway over the traffic circle, which will put you on the Fredrick Johnson Bridge (201S).

To hotel: take the second exit (434 East) and the Quality Inn will be on your right and the University on your left.  Take your first right and turn into the parking lot, or continue down 434 East for several miles until the Skylark on your left near a Burger King, Vestal High School, and the Skylark Diner.

To campus: take the third and final exist (434 West).  Stay in the right lane that will put you on campus.  You’ll hit traffic circle.  You want to take the circle but stay to your right and not veer off entirely by simply going right.  If you’ve done the maneuver correctly you’ll pass a parking garage on your right.  Continue to follow the road until it puts you in front of a whole bunch of parking meters, which will happen after it makes you veer right.  Meter parking is free on weekends and the Fine Arts building is right in front of you.  Registration is on the second floor.  Signs should be posted around campus to make this process easier for you.

Hotel to campus: turn left coming out onto 434 at the intersection with Denny’s, then turn right onto campus at the next traffic light and follow above directions.

Other Near Campus Hotels

Comfort Suites

3401 Vestal Parkway East, Vestal, NY 13850

Phone: (607) 766-0600

79 Total Rooms.  3 Floors.

Un-negotiated Room Rate: $115 - $160

Courtyard by Marriott

3801 Vestal Parkway East, Vestal, NY 13850

Phone: (607) 644-1000

78 Total Rooms.  Indoor Pool.  Smoke-free.

Un-negotiated Room Rate: $135 - $190

Hampton Inn and Suites

3708 Vestal Parkway East, Vestal, NY 13850

Phone: (607) 797-5000

79 Total Rooms.  Indoor Pool.  Fitness Center.

Un-negotiated Room Rate: $125 - $190

Holiday Inn Express

3615 Vestal Parkway East, Vestal, NY 13850

Phone: (607) 348-0088

81 Total Rooms.  Indoor Pool.  Fitness Center.

Un-negotiated Rom Rate: $110 - $170

Howard Johnson Express Inn

3601 Vestal Parkway East, Vestal, NY 13850

Phone: (607) 729-6181

24 Rooms.  2 Floors.

Un-negotiated Room Rate: $60 - $80

Residence Inn by Marriott

4610 Vestal Parkway East, Vestal, NY 13850

Phone: (607) 770-8500

72 Suites.  Non-smoking.

Un-negotiated Room Rate: $130 - $160

Further, But Cheaper & Still Close

Econo Lodge Inn and Suites

690 Front Street, Binghamton, NY 13905

Phone: (607) 724-1341

100 Rooms.  2 Floors.

Un-negotiated Room Rate: $60 - $70

Red Roof Inn

590 Fairview Street, Johnson City, NY 13790

Phone: (607) 729-8940

107 Rooms.  Close & Easy Drive to Campus.

Un-negotiated Room Rate: $60 - $70

Best Western

569 Harry L. Drive, Johnson City, NY 13790

Phone: (607) 729-9194

101 Rooms.  Close & Easy Drive to Campus.

Un-negotiated Room Rate: $80 - $90

Skylark Motel

240 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Phone: (607) 748-3392

24 Rooms.  Easy Drive to Campus.  Behind Diner.

Un-negotiated Room Rate: $45

Near Campus Food Options

Italian & Pizza

Bg’s Pizzeria & Grill - 1101 Bunn Hill Rd, Vestal, NY 13850

Fast, cheap, good quality, literally right next to campus

Big Al’s Pizza - 4005 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Gas station restaurant, but slightly higher-end if there is such a thing

Chuck E. Cheese's - 3901 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Where a kid can be a kid, all games one token

Mario’s Pizza - 4700 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Decent all-around, get what you’d expect

Nirchi’s - 3916 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Fast, cheap, good quality

Olive Garden - 1112 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, good service

Pizza Hut - 3608 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, good service

Portabella’s - 3201 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Finer dinning, excellent quality, relatively cheap

Tony's T's - 3701 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Fast, cheap, good quality, next to Staples

Uno’s - 2503 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, great food, good service, next to Walmart

Mexican

Delgado's Café - 119 Harry L Dr, Johnson City, NY 13790

Decent food, cheap, has a bar, a little bit of a drive after getting off 201

Los Tapatios - 1101 Bunn Hill Rd, Vestal, NY 13850

Authentic, tasty, reasonably priced, literally right next to campus

Moe’s - 3612 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Made-to-order chain, fast, large portions, cheap

Japanese

Fuji San - 4105 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Good quality, reasonably priced, literally right next to campus

Kampai -108 S Jensen Rd, Vestal, NY 13850

Excellent quality, slightly higher priced, you’ll see it off the parkway

Korean

Man Nam - 4010 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY, 13850

Excellent food, reasonably priced, basically next to campus

Thai Fusion

Lemongrass - 1550 Vestal Pkwy E Vestal, NY 13850

Pricier, but worth every penny, excellent food

Chinese

China Wok Parkway Buffet - 3701 Vestal Parkway E, Vestal, NY 13850

Cheap, decent quality, next to Staples

China Wok Vestal Park - 4700 Vestal Parkway E, Vestal, NY 13850

Cheap, lower quality

Great Chinese Buffet - 560 Harry L Dr, Johnson City, NY 13790

Short drive via 201, larger buffet, Mongolian BBQ, nicer seating

Panda Chinese Restaurant - 3748 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Newly opened, never been, probably get what you’d expect, little seating

Indian

Moghul - 4700 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY, 13850

Pricier, but very good, nice décor, convenient location

Sea Food

Red Lobster - 1200 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, never been, lobsters probably feel pain too

Long John Silver's - 1919 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, never been, probably will get what you expect

Diners

Brother's Parkway Diner - 168 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Never been here, has gotten good Internet reviews, a little bit of a drive

Denny's - 4024 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, good service, literally right next to campus

IHOP - 3720 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, not really a diner, good service

Pete’s Legacy Diner - 2305 Vestal Rd, Vestal, NY 13850

Behind Walmart, cheap, decent quality

Plaza Diner - 3605 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Good quality, reasonably priced, huge portions

Skylark Diner - 248 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Dirt cheap, good quality, further away

Fast Food

Arby's - 3131 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Never been, probably get what you expect, across street from Target

Burger King - 208 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Near Skylark, past Olive Garden, a little bit of a drive

KFC - 4010 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

I’ve protested at this location, meat is murder, basically next to campus

McDonald's - 3136 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Recently got rid of playground for more seating so must be popular, next to Target

Taco Bell - 2507 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Best location in the area quality-wise, next to Walmart

Taco Bell - 220 Reynolds Rd, Johnson City, NY 13790

Closer via short drive on 201

Wendy's - 3737 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, good service, get what you expect

Spiedies, Steakhouses, & Burgers

Christie's Steakhouse & Grill - 560 Harry L Dr, Johnson City, NY 13790

Short drive on 201, excellent food, slightly pricey, vegetarian options

Five Guys - 4700 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Never been, hear very good things from burger lovers

Outback Steakhouse - 3140 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Good food, reasonably priced, next to Target

Spiedie & Rib Pit - 3908 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Local favorite, looks sketchy, but is widely loved, very cheap

Texas Roadhouse - 4399 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Never been, hear very good things, across the street from campus

Sports Bars & Grills

Ale House - 3744 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Lots on tap, limited menu, local favorite

Applebee's - 3701 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, next to Staples, not vegetarian-friendly

California Grill - 912 Vestal Rd, Vestal, NY 13850

Can see off Parkway, near Red Lobster, slightly pricey, decent overall

Friday’s - 2445 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, good service, next to Walmart

Ground Round - 214 Reynolds Rd, Johnson City, NY 13790

I remember loving it from my childhood, never been to this location, short drive via 201

Ruby Tuesday‎ - 601-635 Harry L Dr, Johnson City, NY 13790

Typical chain, short drive via 201, in mall

SliderZ - 3201 Vestal Parkway East Vestal, NY 13850

Local bar that has a menu and looks nice, never been there myself

Tully’s Sports Bar - 4700 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Cheap, good quality, huge portions, absurd number of TVs, very American

Coffee, Subs, & Sandwiches

Full Belly Deli - 1550 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Cheap, good quality, will deliver what you expect

Home Deli - 4700 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Never been, close by

JJ’s Tea House - 1101 Bunn Hill Rd, Vestal, NY 13850

Excellent bubble tea, cheap, literally next to campus

Panera Bread - 3700 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, fast, good quality, reasonably priced

Quizno's - 1550 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, good service

Quizno’s - 589 Harry L Dr Johnson City, NY 13790

Better location, short drive via 201

Subway - 3801 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, smaller location, slower service

Subway - 1805 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Faster location, longer drive

Starbucks - 4706 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, gets lots of traffic

Starbucks - 3112 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

High quality, slightly further away

Vestal Bakery & Deli - 176 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Cheap, good quality, a little bit of a drive

Ice Cream

Friendly's - 3604 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Typical chain, close, slow service, small portions

Friendly's - 561 Harry L Dr, Johnson City, NY 13790

Faster service, larger portions, short drive via 201

Friendly's - 223 Reynolds Rd, Johnson City, NY 13790

In mall, decent all-around, short drive via 201

Lickity Split Ice Cream Shoppe - 152 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Never been here, only ice cream

Tastie Cream Incorporated - 2021 Vestal Pkwy, Vestal, NY 13850

Never been here, only ice cream

Buffet

Old Country Buffet - 2433 Vestal Pkwy E, Vestal, NY 13850

Large selection, reasonably priced, typical buffet quality

Downtown Food Options

Italian & Pizza

Angelo Pizzeria & Italian Restaurant - 161 Main St, Binghamton, NY 13905

Never been here, but from what I hear priced right

Bella Pizza - 1116 Chenango, Binghamton, NY 13905

Never been there, looks decent from the outside

Big Daddy's - 98 State St, Binghamton, NY 13901

The after night at the bars pizza places, located across the street from the bars, cheap

Cortese Restaurant - 117 Robinson St, Binghamton, NY, 13901

Good food, larger portions, reasonably priced, unique decor

Dominick’s Pizza & Pasta Parlor - 465 Court St, Binghamton, NY 13901

Cheesy but unique décor, cheap, good quality

Grande Pizzeria Italian Restaurant - 1250 Front St # 16, Binghamton, NY 13901

Good quality, relatively cheap, a little bit of a drive

Grande Pizzeria Italian Restaurant - 1171 Vestal Ave, Binghamton, NY 13901

Pricier, but higher quality and closer by, on street behind Hollywood video on Parkway

J Michaels Pub & Pasta House - 59 Court St, Binghamton, NY 13901

Excellent quality, reasonably priced, middle of downtown

Little Caesar's Pizza - 77 Main St, Binghamton, NY 13905

Ready-to-go pizzas for quick pick-up at a cheap price

Red Barons Pizza Subs & Pasta - 302 Main St, Binghamton, NY 13901

Never been there, barely believe it exists, but the Internet tells me it does

Mexican

Margaritia’s Cantina - 1166 Upper Front St, Binghamton, NY 13905

Authentic, good service, small and cozy place, a bit of a drive

Japanese

Sake Tumi - 71 Court St, Binghamton, NY  13901

Great food, a little pricey, nice atmosphere

Chinese

China One - 50 Court St, Binghamton, NY 13901

Cheap, good quality, has some seating

China Star - 50 Pennsylvania Ave, Binghamton, NY 13901

Never been, should be able to see on street behind Hollywood video on Parkway

Fu Star Chinese - 1185 Vestal Ave, Binghamton, NY 13901

Cheaper, good quality, on street behind Hollywood video on Parkway, no seating

Indian

Curry’s of India - 45 Court St, Binghamton, NY 13901

Excellent quality, cheap lunch buffet, reasonably priced diner, cozy seating

Taj Restaurant - 59 Main St, Binghamton, NY 13905

Cheap, good quality, some people say enter at your own risk, I trust it

Mediterranean

Argo - 117 Court Street, Binghamton, NY 13901

Never been there, people tend to like it

Despina's - 128 Washington St, Binghamton, NY 13901

Cheap, smaller menu, higher quality

Diners

Chris' Diner - 192 State Street, Binghamton, NY 13901

Cheap, typical diner-quality

Danny’s Diner - 151 Main St, Binghamton, NY 13901

Cheap, large portions, a little bit of a drive

Park Diner - 119 Conklin Ave, Binghamton, NY, 13901

More expensive, seating overlooking the river, higher-end diner, exits for Conklin off 434

Red Oak - 305 Front St, Binghamton, NY‎, 13901

Cheap, poor quality, sometimes open 24 hours, but not consistently

Rolando's Diner - 140 Court St, Binghamton, NY 13901

Dirt cheap, great quality, team favorite

The Spot - 1062 Upper Front St, Binghamton, NY, 13901

24 hours, a bit of a drive down front street, huge menu, good quality

Fast Food

Arby's - 440 Court Street, Binghamton, NY 13901

Typical chain, a little bit of a drive down Court Street

Burger King - 290 Main Street, Binghamton, NY 13907

Typical chain, a little bit of a drive down Main Street

Burger King - 464 Court St, Binghamton, NY 13901

Typical chain, a little bit of a drive down Court Street

Kennedy Fried Chicken - 159 Main St, Binghamton, NY 13905

A local favorite, a little bit of a drive, limited seating

Sonic - 1103 Upper Front St, Binghamton, NY 13905

Newly opened, people seem to like it

Taco Bell - 429 Court St, Binghamton, NY 13901

A little bit of a drive, good location service and quality-wise

Wendy’s - 170 Main St, Binghamton, NY 13905

Typical, a little bit of a drive, good quality

Sports Bars & Grills

Applebee's - 842 Upper Front Street, Binghamton, NY 13907

Typical chain, a bit of a drive, next to a movie theater

Mad Moose Saloon & Grill - 53 Chenango St, Binghamton, NY 13901

More of a bar or club, but has a menu

Mario’s Restaurant and Lounge – In the Tournament Hotel

A little pricey, good quality, your typical hotel restaurant

Relief Pitcher - 197 Conklin Ave, Binghamton, NY 13901

A little bit of a drive down Conklin, but a local favorite

Tom & Marty’s - 89 State St, Binghamton, NY‎ 13901

Good food, reasonably priced, nice bar

South Side Yanni’s - 1200 Vestal Ave, Binghamton, NY 13903

Good menu, full bar, lots of seating, on street behind Hollywood video on Parkway

Thirsty's Tavern - 46 S Washington St, Binghamton, NY 13903

Smaller menu, full bar, next to Hollywood video on Parkway

Coffee, Subs, & Sandwiches

Bagel Deli & Café - 49 Court Street, Binghamton, NY 13901

Never been there, Internet reviews say it’s pretty good

Cyber Café - 176 Main St, Binghamton, NY 13905

Full menu, often features live music, nice décor, a little bit of a drive

Java Joe’s - 81 State St Binghamton, NY 13901

Full menu and seating, reasonably priced, high-quality, middle of all the bars

Lost Dog - 222 Water St, Binghamton, NY 13901

Across street from hotel, often features live music, full bar, menu, and seating

Old World Delicatessen - 27 Court St, Binghamton, NY 13901

Local flavor, reasonably priced, good quality

Pepe’s - 142 Washington St Binghamton, NY 13901

Dirt cheap, home of $1 meatball subs, bar-goers claim to love it

Subway - 33 Court St, Binghamton, NY 13901

Typical chain, good service

Quizno’s - 40 Court St, Binghamton, NY‎ 13901

Typical chain, good service

Fine Dining

Hole in the Wall - 43 S Washington St Binghamton, NY 13903

Specializing in vegetarian and vegan food, reasonably priced, cozy seating

Number 5 - 33 S Washington St, Binghamton, NY 13903

The up-scale restaurant in the area, pricey, but high quality

--
Joe Leeson-Schatz
Director of Speech & Debate at Binghamton University