9 Common Loons -- adults -- west shore, Grand Isle
Sat Jul 23, 2011 06:15 AM    Protocol: Stationary
Party  size: 1   Duration: 25 minute(s)  No boat  traffic.

There seemed to be a mini migration of loons at the time of the
recent reports.  I watched 9 fly south near the Vermont  shore.
4 splashed down nearby - first a pair, then two more individuals.
An unknown number could have flown by earlier.  I quit watching
after a loon flew NORTH along the distant NY  shoreline.

  There has been one loon here, both before and after the  official
loon count, but predictably nowhere to be found during the  count.

D. Hoag, Grand Isle