I have always had many of them at our sunflower feeders here in Brownsville.  They also love the suet, and announce their presence loudly each time they land  on that feeder.

Marcia

-----Original Message-----
From: Debbie Lyter <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, Jul 15, 2011 8:04 pm
Subject: [VTBIRD] Male Red Winged Blackbird

I am writing to find out if anyone else has had this experience. In all of
y years of feeding birds and watching my parents do the same while I
rew up, I can never remember seeing a Red Winged Blackbird eat at
he feeders in our yard. Actually, we usually never have any around our
ard at all. For the past 2-3 weeks, there has been one male that keeps
oming to the different feeders which have sunflower meaties, wild bird
eed, thistle and other seeds. Have any of you experienced this before?
 love it but it is just so unusual for us.
hank you,
ebbie Lyter
ristol, VT