On Sunday morning Peter and I visited the nesting area of the "VTC Kestrels"
(below the campus to the east, by the Bobolink meadows) - where an
experienced pair has been raising young in one of Brian Lowe's boxes for
some years.  [Thank you, Brian for all you do for these beautiful birds!]

We heard the begging long before we got close!  And we enjoyed watching both
parents sourcing food for at least three youngsters - got some great looks
at them in a dead treetop.

We walked on through fields to the historic Langevin House, where we heard
and saw Kestrels begging once again in large maple trees.  They might've
been the same birds, but I'm guessing it's another resident pair (around a
third of a mile away).  Does anyone know if Kestrels nest that close to each
other?