My apologies for the delay in reporting the following...
Perhaps coincidence, perhaps not vis a` vis the success story of the Taft's Corner bird, but yesterday morning (7/24) 2 adult common loons were seen about 200 feet off the west shore of Pelot's Point in North Hero. They bobbed and dove in the lake for about 45 minutes before slowly drifting north out of my range of vision. Having spent a considerable amount of time at this location over the last few decades,  I must say that this siting was a bit of a rarity for this place at this time of year...for me anyway.
Regards,
    John Lunde