Dear Vermont birders,

The VT Bird Records Committee is trying a different approach this year
with the review of Rare Species Documentation reports (RSDs).  This
year, we are trying an electronic voting approach, with two votes per
year, in addition to our standard formal meeting in the fall.  In the
electronic votes, we are voting on some of the "easy accepts," those
RSDs with photos or other compelling evidence.  For first state
records or those that require a little more discussion, we will
address those in our fall meeting.
With our first electronic vote, the committee accepted the following reports:

Lesser Black-backed Gull: November 2010 - Burlington; Ted Murin and
Craig Provost
Magnolia Warbler: November 2010 - Montpelier; Chip Darmstadt
Varied Thrush: December 2010 - Bolton; Craig Provost, Patricia Folsom,
Don and June Kenney
Baltimore Oriole: December 2010 - Waitsfield; Patricia Folsom
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker: December 2010 - Brandon; Sue Wetmore
Sandhill Crane: January 2011 - Ferrisburgh; Mike Palombo
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker: February 2011 - Pownal; Bonita Dundas
White Crowned Sparrow: February 2011 - Addison; Craig Provost
Pine Warbler: February 2011 - Putney; David Moon
Lesser Black-backed Gull - April 2011 - Charlotte; Ted Murin
Red Knot - May 2011 - Ferrisburgh; Jim Mead
American White Pelican: May 2011 - Killington; Susan Elliot
Sedge Wren (nesting): June 2011 - South Burlington; Ted Murin

Thank for all the great write-ups!  Although these records are now
officially accepted, we will continue to write only a single full
committee report per year.

For information on what species should be documented with a "rare
species documentation form":
http://www.vtecostudies.org/vbrc/reporting.htm#RSDlist

For an updated version of the Vermont field card:
http://www.vtecostudies.org/vbrc/VT%20field%20card.pdf

For a copy of the rare species documentation form:
http://www.vtecostudies.org/vbrc/reporting.htm  (link under item #2)

Good birding to all!
The VT Bird Records Committee -http://www.vtecostudies.org/vbrc/
George Clark