Had one calling Whip-poor-will in Brandon on the 11th, calling just north of the intersection of Long Swamp Road and Short Swamp Road.  It called briefly at 8:50 PM.

I also tried for the Sedge Wren that had been in South Burlington earlier this year but with no luck.  Had nesting Swamp Sparrows and Yellowthroats, and a pair of Harriers there.

Also went to the South Burlington location where Clay-colored Sparrows had nested in previous years but did not find any Clay-coloreds.  Not sure if they returned this year or not.  Also had many families of Field Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Towhees, Yellowthroats, etc. at this very birdy spot.

Needless to say mid-July isn't the best time to look for nesting passerines, but this was my only trip to northern VT this year so my first chance to try for them.

Mike Resch
Pepperell, MA
www.statebirding.blogspot.com