Which in turn brings to mind when I'd tell people (sadly true) that my job is "part teacher and part detective, but with less chance of facing live bullets.  Being a detective probably has its drawbacks, too."

Date:    Thu, 21 Jul 2011 14:32:13 -0500
From:    Catherine Arnott Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CHAT Re: Librarian shirts & sayings

Just a comment on the Star Trek librarian question. If you take a look
at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek wiki, there's an intriguing excerpt from
the Star Trek *cartoon*:

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Librarian

"After being captured on Delta Theta III, James T. Kirk remarked that
"There are times, Mr. Spock, when I think I should have been a
librarian." Spock observed that "The job of librarian would be no less
challenging, captain, but it would undoubtedly be a lot less dangerous."

Jerry Carlson, MLS, AHIP     E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Medical Librarian                   Phone: (970) 495-7323
Poudre Valley Health System  Fax: (970) 495-7652
1024 S Lemay Ave                Web: www.pvhs.org
Fort Collins, CO 80524         DOCLINE: COUZFP         OCLC: CO5

Whatever knowledge you find for yourself leaves me more time to find other knowledge for you.
Whatever knowledge I find for you leaves you more time for your patients.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, electronic storage or use of this communication is prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, attaching the original message, and delete the original message from your computer and any network to which your computer is connected.