I am hoping that some other hospital librarians can help me with this:

I have been asked to find examples of other hospitals'
policies/procedures relating to patients who present with an implanted
insulin pump or pain (e.g. Marcaine) pump, in various settings:
emergency, ambulatory surgery, etc.)  I have searched without success,
in Google Scholar/Pubmed.  My colleagues are also interested in any
literature or policies that describe procedures that deal with
determining whether a patient has a pump if they are unconscious.  So
anything your hospital has regarding implanted pumps would be much
appreciated!

Alison Clement

Librarian

Marshall Community Health Library

681 Main Street, Suite 103

Placerville, CA 95667

ph. : (530) 626-2778  fax: : (530) 626-2779