Does anyone have experience with book vending machines or book kiosks,
like Brodart's lending library machines?  We're going to end up with
students at a site quite removed from the library and are brainstorming
ways to still be able to supply them with timely printed resources.
Obviously, as much as possible is already moving to online but they will
still have a need for books.  We're envisioning something like having a
clerk make a nightly run to leave requested items in some secure locker
or post office box-like contraption so that the students can retrieve
them the next day.  The lockers would have to be large enough to hold a
large textbook, not just something novel sized.  Thanks.

Kathy Kimber

Health Sciences Library

California Pacific Medical Center

University of the Pacific School of Dentistry

P.O. Box 7999

San Francisco, CA  94120

415-600-3240