From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan Fowler [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 1:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Amazon to rent textbooks

I think the library can be involved buy making sure they know how to use
Kindles and Kindle apps on other technology platforms, to let their patrons
know about the service, and to also know what other resources
are available on the Kindle, - for example, the library may have several
e-books where patrons can download PDFs of the chapters to their Kindles.

E-Books are here to stay and so are e-readers, it's time librarians get on
board. When we think about the library let's try to think like a company
that is still around and not like Borders.

--
Susan Fowler, MLIS
Medical Librarian

Evidence at Becker:
http://beckerguides.wustl.edu/ebm

Mobile Resources Guide:
http://beckerguides.wustl.edu/mobileresources

Becker Medical Library, Washington University in St. Louis
314-362-8092

Please view our annual report at http://baystatehealth.org/annualreport

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender immediately or by telephone at 413-794-0000 and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments. For further information regarding Baystate Health's privacy policy, please visit our Internet site at http://baystatehealth.org.