From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan Fowler
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2011 1:07 PM
To: Pamela Richards
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Amazon to rent textbooks

I think the library can be involved buy making sure they know how to use Kindles and Kindle apps on other technology platforms, to let their patrons know about the service, and to also know what other resources are available on the Kindle, - for example, the library may have several e-books where patrons can download PDFs of the chapters to their Kindles.

E-Books are here to stay and so are e-readers, it's time librarians get on board. When we think about the library let's try to think like a company that is still around and not like Borders.