From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Tammy Kirk
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Learning HTML

We used this tutorial in school and I thought it was great:
http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/tut/lessons.html

The W3 Schools are great, too, and go beyond HTML:
http://www.w3schools.com/

That said, I agree that some web-design software would be the way to go.
The software does the heavy lifting for you.  You should learn HTML
basics,
though, so you can understand and know how to tweak it to get exactly
what
you want.

Do you know how to upload the page once you make it or do you have IT
folks
for that?

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 6:59 PM, Mary Spalding <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Jane, I learned it just by doing tutorials on the Web.  Just type in
> "HTML tutorial" and you should find some.  It's not really hard, but
> you must be very detail-oriented.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Mary
>
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Jane Castrignano
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > Would any of you wonderful fellow librarians out there like to
recommend
> > the best way to learn (self-teach) HTML?  Preferably an inexpensive
one?
> > Is something like Dreamweaver the only way to go?  I am a complete
> > beginner. Thanks,
> >
> > Jane
> >

> > A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life.
> > - Henry Ward BEECHER, Social Reformer and Abolitionist.
> >

> > Jane Castrignano, MLS.
> >
> > 914-964-4281
> >
> > The Cochran School of Nursing
> > <http://www.cochranschoolofnursing.us/library_overview.html>
> >

> --
> Mary Spalding, MA, MLIS
> Program Coordinator
> Western Maryland Area Health Education Center
> 600 Memorial Avenue, South Wing Suite 4
> Cumberland, MD  21502
> 301-777-9150, Ext. 116 - voice
> 301-777-2649 - fax
> ALSO
> Medical Librarian, Meritus Health
> 11116 Medical Campus Road
> Hagerstown, MD  21742
> (Phone number and email same as above)
>
> "The health of the people is really the foundation upon which all
> their happiness and all their powers as a state depend."  --Benjamin
> Disraeli
>
> "We are drowning in information, but we are starving for knowledge."
J.