Colleagues -

Lately I'm frequently noticing that e-books once available through an aggregator (StatRef!, R2, OVID) are no longer available. Publishers (for example, McGraw Hill) now require e-books be purchased directly through them, and most often, as part of a package that is too costly for our budget, and includes unwanted items we would never consider for our collection. Being in a bind such as this, we are forced to reconsider going back to the print format for some of the books we previously received electronically.

I'm wondering if others are also facing this problem. If so, what are you doing about it, and is this a trend to revert to print?

Thanks, will summarize if there are responses.

Janet

Janet Cowen, MSLS, AHIP | Director of Library Services | Maine Medical Center | 22 Bramhall St | Portland ME 04102 | [log in to unmask] 207-662-4079

Your Medical Library - the Link  Between Data and Decision

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message, including any attachments, is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and prohibited from unauthorized disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and attachments.