Jane,

A few years back I asked the same question.  The book, Sams Teach Yourself HTML and XHTML in 24 Hours, by Dick Oliver, was recommended to me.  It consists of 24 1-hour lessons.  The nice thing about it you can easily find a lesson that addresses a specific task or problem you may have.  My copy is 10 years old, but there are newer versions and variations on Amazon.

Debra

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
Debra Scarborough, MLS AHIP
History Librarian & Archivist
American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists
409 12th St. SW,  Washington, DC 20024-2188
202-863-2578 / 202-863-5401 (fax) / www.acog.org
+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
"Books rule the world" - Voltaire
Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of the College.
>>> Jane Castrignano <[log in to unmask]> 7/25/11 5:45 PM >>>
Would any of you wonderful fellow librarians out there like to recommend
the best way to learn (self-teach) HTML?  Preferably an inexpensive one?
Is something like Dreamweaver the only way to go?  I am a complete
beginner. Thanks,

Jane

A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life.
- Henry Ward BEECHER, Social Reformer and Abolitionist.

Jane Castrignano, MLS.

914-964-4281

The Cochran School of Nursing
<http://www.cochranschoolofnursing.us/library_overview.html>

The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists respect your email privacy.  To remove this email address from future email messages, please email us at [log in to unmask] Please copy and paste the email you received from the Congress or College in your opt-out request. You may also send a written request to 409 12th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20024-2188, ATTENTION: Information Systems.