From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Mark Vrabel
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ?: Statistics on drug company promotional spending on nurses

Hi. I'm not having any luck finding figures/statistics on pharma
promotional spending specifically on nurses. I've checked articles like
the following; although they pertain to pharma companies and nurses,
they either have statistics for pharma promotional spending as a whole
(as a percentage of total budget), or don't have any dollar figures at
all. Thanks in advance for any help, Mark.

Crock, E. (2009). Ethics of pharmaceutical company relationships with
the nursing profession: no free lunch...and no more pens?. Contemporary
Nurse: A Journal for the Australian Nursing Profession, 33(2), 202-209.

Civaner, M., Sarikaya, O., Alici, S., & Bozkurt, G. (2008). Exposing
nursing students to the marketing methods of pharmaceutical companies.
Nursing Ethics, 15(3), 396-410.

"Big Pharma's Nurse Will See You Now: Drug companies are hiring RNs to
educate patients--and boost marketing" at
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_24/b3988092.htm

Mark Vrabel, MLS, AHIP, ELS
Information Resources Supervisor
Oncology Nursing Society
125 Enterprise Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275-1214
P412-859-6289 (phone)
412-859-6160 (fax)
twitter.com/ONSmark

Oncology Nursing Society
Where Oncology Nurses Connect

This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of
information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a
trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this
message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately
by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Messages
sent to and from us may be monitored. Internet communications cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept responsibility for any
errors or omissions that are present in this message, or any attachment,
that have arisen as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is
required, please request a hard-copy version. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the company.