At first glance, I dismissed this 2011 Addiction Study from Columbia University which states: " Teens using social media are more likely to use drugs, drink, and smoke, because they see it online."  After reading through the study...."monkey see monkey do" .... this might be information that we should take into consideration.  Below are some statements from the study.  Read the full study at www.vtisp.org. Food for thought.

Compared to teens who in a typical day do not
spend any time on a social networking site, those
who do are:

* Five times likelier to use tobacco (10
percent vs. two percent).
* Three times likelier to use alcohol (26
percent vs. nine percent).
* Twice as likely to use marijuana (13 percent
vs. seven percent).

Thanks for your time
Jon

--