Very Interesting study, but I always need to take a step back and play devils advocate in these situations. Consider look at the study this way, the two groups identified are those who are  willing to attempt to break rules or social norms and expectations, and those who are don't or are to scared to do so. Social media still carry's a large stigma with it, along with our youth using it.

Do not confuse my above statements as discrediting the surveys findings. I also belive "monkey see monkey do"... but I rather blame the content associated with this behavior.