We are trying to bring our teacher/staff computers to a 5 year cycle (was around 8 years).  We are almost there.

Classroom computers are still around 8 years for elementary - moving middle school to 1to1.

Netbooks - 3 years in the 1to1 program, then hopefully another couple years in other classrooms.

We have had to have two Smartboard trays replaced, one was brand new, so I believe it was just defective.  The other was about a year old.  The older boards seem to be holding up though.