Bjorn,

We are using Untangle at the high school and I don't like it.  My first HUGE complaint is that it does not cache... that's a paid for feature.  Plus Untangle has chosen to put Ads on the block page....of the community version. Very bad choice on their part.  So when a student doesn't get to a site they are now subjected to subliminally messages about pharmaceutical drugs.

Use Zentyal.  You can install DansGuardian and Squid with a easy to use UI.  It's all open source.  Easy to install and manage.  Most important, easy to show others how to admin.

I'm replacing Bridports Untangle setup with Zentyal, but the high school is a little more complicated and too much on the plate for this summer.

CentOS, Dans, Squid and Webmin are always an easy to use setup too.

Paul Wood
P. 802-382-1720
Systems Administrator, ACSU

WARNING: This message may contain information that is confidential and/or protected under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act or other lawfully recognized privilege. If you receive this message in error or through inappropriate means, please reply to this message to notify the Sender that the message was received by you in error, and then permanently delete this message from all storage media, without forwarding or retaining a copy.