Hello all:

I received an inquiry on this topic from the Vermont Council on Rural Development.. If you can be a resource on this, can you post here on this list in case others wish to follow suit and then I can refer you as a possible resource.  Thanks..

Here is the question…

A couple of small rural schools interested in opening their computer labs to community users after school hours. . . the primary impetus is a town-wide effort to make sure that everyone can get online access to basic services (like government benefits, unemployment claims, etc), but they also have other goals of involving the community more and beginning to offer some classes using the facilities.

I'm looking around for examples of schools that have opened their labs successfully who might have someone willing to sit down with the principals and tech people from the schools to talk about the process & lessons learned. Do you have any recommendations?

Peter Drescher

Education Technology Coordinator

Vermont Department of Education

120 State St.