Josh,

Fuel for thought: Why do you want them to sign it?  Do they sign any other of the numerous policies (weapons, cell phones, etc)?

We include the AUP in the student and teacher handbooks, and expect that they are obeyed like all other policies in the handbooks.  Some teachers/schools go over the AUP in class, too.

We found the tracking of signatures did not change behavior, and it was a bureaucratic burden.

Steve

>>> Josh Blumberg <[log in to unmask]> 8/4/2011 3:33 PM >>>
ACSU is moving to a format for AUP where all students and staff sign the AUP.

1. Recently there were some posts that VSBA was working on recommendations for AUPs and was going to post them by July 4th.
Is this what was being discussed?
http://www.vtvsba.org/policy/g11.htm

2. Would you be willing to share the form that you are using within your school?

Thanks,

- Josh Blumberg

---
Director of Information Technology Services ACSU