Do you have a URL for this, please.

Thanx.

We're also discussing BDS at the Park Slope Food Coop. The Local Station Boards at Pacifica can certainly make their views felt on any issue they like, if they so choose. It falls under ensuring that programing reflects the interests of listening communities -- a very broad "mandate" to include those generally left out of the mainstream media (which at least in New York and Washington D.C. supports Israel's policies and U.S. economic and military aid with barely a word allowed in opposition).

In my view, while BDS can apply to commercial enterprises, it is more difficult when discussing information, via radio stations. The KPFT resolution is quite circumspect about this. The important excerpt is the following:

a. There will be no form of restriction on the work of individual
Israeli media workers, or on conducting interviews and debates with
people from any institution, but we will not turn over program
production, or enter into collaboration or joint projects with
official Israeli institutions or institutions supported by the Israeli
state.

    b. We will discuss and hold dialogs about BDS on the air.

    c. We will support Palestinian media institutions directly without
requiring them to partner with Israeli counterparts as an explicit or
implicit condition for such support.

    We affirm our commitment to anti-racism by adding that Pacifica
will not turn over program production, or enter into collaboration or
joint projects with anti-Jewish racists, white supremacist, Nazi
Holocaust deniers, as well as Islamophobic, or any other type of
racist groups.

    This proposal is not meant to set up a new review board or
authority, but to establish a new commitment for our programmers,
staff and management in addition to our Mission and Bylaws.

It all seems perfectly reasonable and acceptable to me.

Mitchel