A PR creep named Dunbier was allowed to plug in
the NZ Farmers Weekly his fantasies of
GM-ryegrass.  I therefore challenged him, in the
same organ,
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/8537a56b#/8537a56b/18
to a public debate on those fantasies.  The
following msg to him is intended to give him some
fair warning of what he's up against.  (It does
carry some risk that he'll back out.)

	When Prof Patrick Brown, a card-carrying
gene-jockey at UC Davis, first published his 'The
Promise' (which I'd edited) in Aug 2000
<<http://www.psrast.org/promplantbiot.htm>http://www.psrast.org/promplantbiot.htm>
this notable essay was also posted on the website
of the main New Zealand GM-propaganda agency
"LifeŽ Sciences"
<<http://www.lifesciencenz.com/repository/external_news_material/promise_opponent.htm>http://www.lifesciencenz.com/repository/external_news_material/promise_opponent.htm>
	I noticed that by 2003 it was no longer there.
	This would suggest that the GM trade does
not wish to promulgate well-informed caution,
humbly acknowledging how ignorant we are about
the mechanisms of ordinary plant breeding.  That
they did promulgate it awhile is interesting  -
this was in the brief period, long gone now, when
they were attempting some veneer of balance.
	This essay of Prof Brown, a genuine
expert, remains one of the best, in no
significant way superseded by the ensuing decade
of gene-tampering & govt-tampering.
	Many people find it difficult to believe
that such junk science as Brown exposes could
have been used to profit Monsanto & some other
corporations.  Compared to the nuclear trade's
con-tricks, this is bold, unprecedented, colossal
deceit, the headiest victory of the depraved
trade of mercenary deception (PR  -  early genius
Goebbels).  It is indeed a ghastly prospect.  But
to evade it on account it's unpleasant would be
most unwise.  That is why I have challenged a
prominent promotor of GM-fantasies to a public
debate.