Dr. Science and Michael Balter,

Just to be even-handed, both of you seem to me to be over the line. There is no need that I can see for the "the left" as represented by this list to take a stand one way or the other on the events in Libya. They have nothing directly to do with science, and we will have no discernible impact in any stand we take.  So MB ought not to have brought up the whole issue nor to have led with his chin in doing so, in my view doing his best to start a fight. George, assuming that is George, could and should avoid ad hominem attacks.

Please celebrate or mourn the developments in Libya however you wish to, or argue more complex positions all you want, but not on this list. And please don't come in all guns blazing, whatever the topic.

If you can demonstrate a relevance for this list, as far as science or technology being used or evoked in unusual ways, that is another thing.

Best,
Michael