From: Michael Balter <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 18:16:14 +0200
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Room Service, Please

Isn't trying to discredit or sidestep what someone is saying by questioning their commitment to the struggle a cheap, hackneyed, and ultimately dishonest tactic? I thought Larry was capable of better than that because this kind of crap is really getting old. Different people play different roles, and all are valid, including that of progressive commentators and journalists (and journalism professors in Marc's case; he is turning out more progressive journalists each year than anyone here is training activists, including Larry I dare say.)

Let's debate the issues and not engage in one-upmanship about who is more righteously revolutionary. An old, old, old game by now, and it smells very stale.

MB