On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Caveat Lector <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Get Skied <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I spent a night there two Septembers ago after bushwacking over MacNaughton Mountain from Wallface Ponds. After the sufferfest that was MacNaughton (I mean it, it really sucked), Duck Hole was a great respite. The whole area between Upper Works and Duck Hole was muddy as can be though. The wet, broken and intermittent corduroy was not an enjoyable hiking surface, especially after a few days of suffering already!

Isn't moisture and mud par for the course in the Adirondacks?

Of course it is. It can be frustratingly slow going though. On the plus side it feels better on aching feet than rock hopping does.

Evan