I know of two compelling reasons to return to Blake: 1) There's an apparently cool slide climb up the East side from just South of Elk Pass; 2) The traverse of the Blake-Pinnacle ridge is one of the coolest and probably least travelled sections of trail in the High Peaks and can include some very fine views.  BTW, that trail up from the Carry is a pretty sustained and steep climb.  Having come from Elk Lake via Panther Gorge, Haystack, & the Sno-bird Trail, it felt brutal when Karl J. & I day-hiked Haystack & Blake.

You had an enviable day.

--Matt K.