Jim Cantore is from White River Junction. My friend (who lives in Lake Placid now) went to high school with him.

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Mark P. Renson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Jim Cantore is darn near breaking down babbling about how thnigs in Vermont are getting downright Biblical.  I think he's gonna' bawl any minute, now.

Somehow, some way, here in Hudson was in some sort of lame spot.  I lost power for about 90 minutes and it got breezy and rained hard, but nothing too bad.  I drove around town a bit, and there's a downed tree or two, but I've seen the mighty Assabet River at higher levels in the past.  It's downright pleasant and cool right now with a bit of a breeze and an occasional gust.

Western Mass and the Deerfield River is mind blowing: http://www.npmb.com/cms2/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?181052

Mark P. Renson

From: Matthew Kulas <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sun, August 28, 2011 4:43:25 PM
Subject: [SKIVT-L] Irene Hits Vermont Hard

Dunno about northern Vermont, but northern Massachusetts, er, southern Vermont is be ravaged by flooding from Irene.

http://rutlandherald.typepad.com/vermonttoday/2011/08/

http://rutlandherald.typepad.com/blackriver/2011/08/irene-hits-ludlow.html

http://www.reformer.com/latestnews/ci_18775778

Here down in Tewksbury, things have calmed down a bit, though its still slightly breezy/gusty.  There're a lot of little branches, twigs, needles, & leaves littering the ground, but not too many big limbs or trees down, though there are apparently some.

On a positive Mr. & Mrs. Red-bellied Woodpecker returned to the suet feeder for the first time that I've noticed since their young one started to eat on his own.

--Matt K.