That's pretty cool about the winter wrens, Dave.  I suspect you could live your
whole life in VT, hear them frequently, even have them live in the ravine behind
your house, and still never see one.  Two?  Well, that's an exceptional sighting,
a sighting of what most would call a visually unexceptional bird.  I don't think
there's a smaller bird with a bigger song out there.  Maybe they start to get a
little more active and visible before migration.

Black-throated blues are awesome, and seem to be pretty gregarious.  Black-
throated blues and the yellow-rumps are the only warblers I can draw in
regularly with pishing.  I enjoy all the birds you mentioned, and the report as
well.

--justin