Been asked for "the most recent - like the last year" data on the incidence
of fires in the operating room.  I have the ECRI and Penn Pt Safety reports
and estimates from 2008 or thereabouts, which seem to be the numbers cited
by everything else I've found ("550-600 a year").  Have checked IHI, NPSF,
Jt Commission, Advisory Board, AORN and gotten nothing more.  Apparently,
reporting of such things varies from state to state - some states do not
require it to be reported at all - so I'm beginning to think this estimated
data from 2008 is all I'm going to find.  Anyone know of anything else?
Thanks!

--
Julie Stielstra, MLS
Manager, Knowledge Resource Library

"Never...be mean in anything; never be false; never be cruel. Avoid those
three vices...and I can always be hopeful of you."  -- Betsy Trotwood to
David Copperfield (Charles Dickens)