FYI-

Starting, Monday, September 12, 2011, we will be approving patches for Thunderbird and Firefox via Windows Update to address some recent security vulnerabilities.

All vulnerable versions of Firefox and Thunderbird will be updated to version 6.0.1, on the next detection of Windows Update on the systems.
We have successfully deployed these patches to several test systems and are currently in the process of completing our testing phase.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me (offline).
Thank you.

Harjit Dhaliwal
Systems Architecture & Administration
Enterprise Technology Services