Fascinating "features", these folder customizations!

I had very limited, initial success copying one of my folders of mainly
image files after changing it to "optimized for documents", but the slow
performance persists.  Maybe I'm getting fooled by Windows Explorer's
progress reporting, but it appears that copying one of these folders
speeds along (at ~100 KB/sec) until half or two-thirds of the files are
copied, at which point the operation drops to a snail's pace.... even
after making the suggested permissions changes to
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer.

This morning's trial:  893 files (1.6 MB), half of which was done in
less than 30 seconds.  The copy did not complete until almost 10 minutes
later.  If I instead use WinSCP, the folder copying is done in about 10
seconds.  So there's still some amount of extra Windows operations (I
presume) going on when I use Windows Explorer.  Not a show-stopper as
there's WinSCP available, but disappointing nonetheless.

EB