I have a faculty member who is trying to post JMP (statistics software)
data files for her class. Unfortunately the web browsers think that .jmp
is some kind of media file. Firefox thinks it is audio/mpeg and tries to
open in QuickTime, and IE tries to open it Windows Media Player.

Is the file extension .jmp actually used for audio/mpeg or some other
media format? I looked around online and could find no reference to it
other than for JMP files.

If .jmp is not in fact used for some kind of media format, who should I
ask about setting a MIME type for .jmp application/JMP on the webserver?

--
Helen Read
Senior Lecturer