From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lisa DiMauro
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Announcement] NERCOMP - ELI Assessment Workshop - Nov 10th

Dear Friends,
Registration is now open for NERCOMP's upcoming workshop:
" NERCOMP - ELI Assessment Workshop - Innovations in Learning: Measuring the Impact "

DATE:
Thursday, November 10, 2011

TIME:
9:00 - 3:30 (Coffee and Registration start at 7:30)

PRICE:
NERCOMP Members: $130, Non-Members: $260
Your fee includes unlimited am and pm break service and lunch.

LOCATION:
Four Points Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center
Norwood, MA.

As the pace of technology change continues unabated and fiscal challenges persist, institutions are faced with numerous decisions and choices with respect to supporting new systems and services in teaching and learning. What evidence do we have that these changes and innovations are having the impact we hope for? How can we best gather evidence and perform analysis to measure the impact? How can we use such evaluation to influence teaching practices?

This NERCOMP SIG (developed in partnership with the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative) will explore in concrete, practical steps how to design impactful evaluation projects in the domain of teaching and learning. Topics include evaluation targets and goals; project designs and approaches; the selection of tools and methods; and using results to influence campus practice.

This SIG is designed primarily for higher education professionals in teaching and learning, IT, libraries, and other areas who do (or want to do) evaluation work as part of their duties. It’s not intended for research professionals.

Attendees of this SIG will :
a) be encouraged and empowered to do more evidence-based practice;
b) be positioned to address the “last mile problem” and able to use the evidence to influence actual teaching practice;
c) have a better sense of what kinds of evidence to gather;
d) be able to identify targets of impact analysis at their campus;
e) have a better sense when selecting evaluation tools;
f) feel more confident in designing impactful evaluation projects.

For a full schedule and registration information, please go to:
http://www.nercomp.org/events/event_single.aspx?id=6858

We would be grateful if you would pass this announcement on to friends and colleagues who might find it of interest.

To view other SIGs events, click here: http://www.nercomp.org/events/upcoming_events.aspx

Thank you very much. We hope to see you on November 10th!

Sincerely,
Lisa DiMauro
NERCOMP