HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:22:46 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat)
Last-Modified: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:37:12 GMT
ETag: "458e3-3031-70b67200"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

Compare to

telnet www.uvm.edu 80
Trying 132.198.101.197...
Connected to www.uvm.edu.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /~waw/archives/JMP/meandepth.jmp HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:24:48 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat)
Last-Modified: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 18:46:36 GMT
ETag: "a4ab-7de-c3369b00"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

Maybe change hasn't rippled across the farm yet?