"Signs or placards so designed and situated as to give reasonable notice."

There isn't any procedure for them to follow with the Town Clerk. If the landowner is concerned about a particular person, they can have a notice served by a sheriff.

At 08:20 AM 10/14/2011, you wrote:
Thanks Bobbi, but that tells the fines and  3705 (2) mentions signs and placards so designed,  but it does not tell me the procedure a landowner needs to go through to legally post his land for No Trespassing.

Priscilla Aldrich, cvc, cvt
Town Clerk/Treasurer/Tax Collector
Town of Burke
212 School Street
West Burke, Vermont
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [ mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bobbi Brimblecombe
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 8:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Posted Property

At 08:04 AM 10/14/2011, you wrote:

Can someone refresh my memory on the No trespassing on property.  Of course when it went on the muninet a few weeks I did not pay attention cause it was not an issue, but now it is.  It is my understanding that we can not add the "no Trespassing" to the hunting and fishing form.  Where does one go to get the legal no trespassing?