We need 5,000 Signatures/Supporters by October 27, 2011

Dear RC&D Supporter:

Our rural communities need help, and there is no better program than the Resource Conservation and Development (RC&D) Program to help rural communities leverage federal funding and help them overcome their resource concerns. Unfortunately, unless you make your voice heard and tell President Obama how important it is to keep the RC&D Program funded, a critical part of the RC&D program may be gone forever. This is your opportunity to let your voice be heard in Washington, DC.

The National Association of Resource Conservation and Development Councils has created a petition on “We the People,” a new feature on WhiteHouse.gov, in support of the RC&D Program. Your help is critical. We need to get 5,000 signatures by October 27, 2011. Once we reach that goal the White House will review the petition and respond to us! Please send this message to all your friends and supporters of the RC&D Program.

We need your help to get 5,000 signatures on our petition. I signed it, and it only took a few minutes.

Please follow all the steps below to sign our petition:

1.Create an account at https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/create

2.Receive confirmation email and password (Note a password is automatically assigned to you – you can change this when you first log-in).

3.The petition can be found by click the following link https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/support-resource-conservation-development-program-enhancing-conservation-and-rural-communities%E2%80%99/0g53g9Bd or copying and pasting this link into your web browser. You can also find the petition by going to the We the People website at https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions and putting RCD in the search box after you click on the “open petitions” box.

4.Click the “Sign This Petition” button.

5.Get EVERYONE you know to sign the petition….

6.There may be some issues with the website but stay the course and sign the petition…we are all counting on you so we can reach our magic number.

7.If you have trouble, call the NARC&DC at 202-434-4780 and we will do our best to help you through the process!

The Petition is as follows:

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Support the Resource Conservation & Development Program enhancing conservation and rural communities’ quality of life.

We ask for restoration of funding and inclusion in the President's budget proposal for the Resource Conservation and Development (RC&D) Program. The RC&D Program is one of the federal government's success stories, leveraging non-federal dollars to help support economic development and natural resource protection across the nation. In FY10, the nation’s 375 local RC&D Councils raised an average of $6.93 for every $1.00 provided by Congress.

The RC&D Program provides a unique process for the nation to develop its economic, natural, and social resources in ways that improve the economy, environment, and quality of life. Through the program, RC&D Councils bring together communities, all levels of government, and grassroots organizations to develop and implement solutions to local problems.

Created: Sep 27, 2011
Issues: Agriculture, Job Creation, Natural Resources

Please take a few moments and sign the petition to help restore funding for the RC&D Program!

Andrew Gordon, Executive Director/Counsel

National Association of Resource Conservation &

Development Councils

444 North Capitol St., NW

Suite 345

Washington, DC 20001