From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Town of Putney
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 11:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Federal IRS Liens

The Putney Post Office services Putney, Westminster & Dummerston residents.
We receive liens from the IRS for towns other than Putney for recording. In trying to resolve this, we have called the person/ office in Manhattan but they merely tell us to record anyway.  We have enclosed a note with each explaining that the person does not reside in our Town.

I would like to know how many other towns have a similar situation.  I would assume that there would be more instances in the event the government decides to close some of Vermont's post offices.

Thanks for your help.
Barb Taylor
Putney Asst Clerk