From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carol Dawes
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Marriage License

Yes, if you issued the original license, you record it.  It doesn't matter where a couple gets married, the only thing that matters is that one or both of them need to be a resident in the town where they purchase the license.  The only exception is for out-of-state couples, who can purchase the license and get married anywhere.  However, the license is always recorded in the town where it was purchased.

Carol

Carolyn S. Dawes
Barre City Clerk/Treasurer
6 North Main St.