Hi,

I think it is now time for leftists to increase our participation in the following way in OWS.

Many young folks are starting to latch on to demands about income polarization and taxation, which is OK but which misses the point. They're doing that because that (and demands over the FED) are the only economic point of substance, and it's being drilled at us by the Democrats and others, not necessarily because they want to do so or believe in it.

Our job is to reframe that issue so that it becomes one of ownership and control of wealth and property. If done right, this should be an easy transition, because the polarization is far far greater than it is even with income. Besides, most wealthy people do not make most of their funds via income, but through capital gains, stocks, ownership and control of production, etc. An increased income tax thus will not really address the inequities.

We need to do a common NON-PREACHY flyer at OWS throughout the country. That's one way of radicalizing the politics without coming across as parasites, and also holding off the MoveOn's and the Dems.

Can you send me any good statistics, graphs, charts, etc. on the ownership and control of wealth in the U.S.? All I've seen thus far has to do with income, which is not what I'm looking for. I will turn it into flyers to distribute, maybe make a giant poster, etc.

I'll also include it in my newly revised "What Is Direct Action?"; I'd like to give out 400 pamphlets for free to those staying in Liberty Park and shortly in Washington Sq. Park, in addition to thousands of flyers. I'll need around $1,000 up front to do that ($2.25 cost per pamphlet), so if you think that project is worth it and have funds to spare, please mail or paypal me whatever you can.

And let me know, please, if you think this "reframing" of the issue in a less co-optable and more class-conscious manner meets with your approval, and if you'd be able to participate in developing the graphs and writing and handing out the flyers.

Thank you!

Mitchel

Mitchel Cohen
2652 Cropsey Avenue, #7H
Brooklyn, NY 11214

paypal to: [log in to unmask]

http://www.MitchelCohen.com

Ring the bells that still can ring,  Forget your perfect offering.
There is a crack, a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in.
~ Leonard Cohen